Monday 4 February 2013

Date Night

Here's my beauty regime for when I have a hot date! This is usually a very rushed, toast-in-mouth kind of affair, because time-keeping and I are having a bit of a fall-out at the moment.

Showering is my favourite way to chill out. Boiling under water and scrubbing myself clean is like a therapy for me and it's a wonderful way to calm down and relax if I've had a hard or long day. If I have time, I'll do the sugar scrub that I talked about recently, and then I'll decide what I want to do with my hair. My hair is naturally very straight and very fine, but there's a lot of it, so it decides what it wants to do and won't listen to me. It takes strategic planning and an ambush mission. This time, I covered my hair root-to-tip in V05's Gloss Me Smoothly conditioner and shoved it up into a bun while I scrubbed my entire body with sugar and oil. It's an odd picture, but go with me!

Once out of the shower I used Soap and Glory's The Righteous Butter over my skin and waited until my hair was about 80% dry before getting out my blowdryer and finishing the job. (Perfect opportunity to eat and catch up on Dexter!) I decided on full-on crazy ringlet curls, so the conditioner would help make them softer and glossier - it's hard to get good shine on blonde hair. Because my hair was such a mad statement, I went for very natural makeup with a nude lipstick from Revlon dabbed on five seconds before leaving the flat.

Here's a rough picture of what I looked like - I look so moody but I assure you I had a great time and my hair went down really well.


No comments:

Post a Comment