Monday 11 February 2013

Chop, chop.

I hadn't, up to now, decided if I liked going to the hairdresser or not. Usually, I just get a trim and a box colour applied and it costs no more than a tenner, but now I've moved out into a university town, things are different. I had a little trim at one of the salon's on the high street and while the experience wasn't awful, it wasn't great either - five toddlers running around screaming while mums chatted was excruciating - if you know me, you know I hate children. I paid £14 for a basic trim and while that's not extortionate, I'm used to paying £5 for a 'proper' haircut and about £1 for a fringe trim or having one cut in, so it was a little painful.

My friend recommended me a new salon, though, and told me about the offer they were running - a wash, cut and blow dry for £17. I'd been really itching to change my hair for the longest time, so I jumped at the chance and had a fantastic experience! I was in and out in under half an hour, had a lovely woman do my hair and had quite a nice cup of coffee.

So I thought I'd pop up a picture along with some old ones of my hair through the years.

Half blonde and half bright red for my prom. I was about sixteen.

Seventeen. Still red. (Sorry it's sideways!)

Sideways again...sixteen, trying to lift the red out. I quite liked this.

A medium brown - still not covered all the red! About seventeen.
Shortly after falling into a vat of bleach...Eighteen.

It was supposed to be an ombre brown/blonde affair...still eighteen. (Room at uni)

Playing with a wig for Halloween and a lot of makeup. Still eighteen.

Nineteen! I learned to use my curling iron and added purple underneath!

A few weeks later, a dark brown. 


Aaaaaand my current hair. I'm working my way to an Uma Thurman Pulp Fiction look. Probably. 

Has your hair changed a lot over the years?




1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I absolutely adore your current hair, it's so sophisticated but still youthful and gorgeous!

    Bethany Paige (www.paigeoffashion.blogspot.co.uk) X

    ReplyDelete