Monday 3 December 2012

Lips by Topshop

I have more Topshop lipsticks than I anticipated...I started out with beguiled, a dark purple, about two years ago when I wanted something dark and dramatic for the winter months. I loved the matte texture and the price wasn't so bad, so when I wanted a nude, I decided to try desert, which is a little too orange for my skin  tone, so I usually add a little of a pink/red lipstick to make it a strong coral colour.


 Desert - An orange toned nude.
Innocent - described a 'frosted lilac' - I like to blot this down to use as a nude/natural colour.


Beguiled - A lovely dark purple (maybe a dupe for mac's rebel) that's perfect for A/W.
 



For the price (about £8, though I believe that might go up) I think the quality's fair. I'm not a fan of the packaging - I think it's plain, rather than minimalistic, and I don't see a need to scream 'Topshop' on the front, which keeps it from feeling high-end and keeps it at a high-street product. I would recommend that you try on the lipstick before you buy, and not to buy online unless you've tried it on your lips in store. There are counters! Ask someone to help you! It's not a huge amount of money but it's substantial enough to feel a little pissed off about if you end up with the wrong tone of red for your skin.

Beguiled styled up for A/W

A hasty shot of 'Brighton Rock' - a gorgeous matte hot pink that's flattering on everyone. Definitely my favourite Topshop lipstick. 

Do you own any Topshop lipsticks? What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment